Carrot & Tenderstem® Broccoli Fritters with Dill Dipping Sauce
Created by Lynsey Bowerman
As a busy mom of 2 energetic boys who works full time and is completing a degree this year, time is valuable and quick, healthy snacks are a must.
- Created by Lynsey Bowerman
- 20 mins preparation
- 10 mins cooking
- Serves 4
Crispy fritters that combine Tenderstem® broccoli and carrots (although other vegetables are ok) that have the option of a dipping sauce. The kids love these as they are quick, simple and full of flavour
- 4 cups of water
- 2 cups of Tenderstem® broccoli
- 1 cup of carrot sticks (cut finely)
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- 1/3 of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 large egg
- Olive oil (approx 2-3 tablespoons)
- Dipping sauce:
- 1 cup of plain low fat Greek yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons of finely chopped fresh dill
Place the Tenderstem® broccoli and carrots in the 4 cups of water and bring to the boil and cook till tender, drain and pat dry with paper towel. Then finely chop the vegetables and mix with the flour to coat. Then add the salt, Parmesan cheese, spring onions and cayenne pepper if desired. Add the egg and stir to combine.
Heat the oil in a shallow frying pan and add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the mixture (depends on how big you want them) and press down into the oil to make a fritter. Cook till brown on each side (only takes minutes).
Dipping sauce just mix the yoghurt and dill together and serve.