Spicy Garlicy Tenderstem® Broccoli
Created by Sarah Talbot
I'm no good at following recipes, I like to taste and chuck things in as I go along. It always tastes good but it's not so great when people ask how I made what they've just eaten. I'm always going "Ummm a bit of that and some of this, oh and I had that left over so I threw that in too." The recipe below is like that, it can be varied depending on what you have in the fridge or your cupboard.
- Created by Sarah Talbot
- 5 mins preparation
- 10 mins cooking
- Serves 4
Spicy Garlicy Tenderstem® Broccoli - Great as a side with curries or stir fry or with chicken and rice.
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 Small onion or a few spring onions - chopped
- 6 Cloves of garlic - sliced thinly
- 2cm Piece of ginger - grated
- 1-2 Red chillies (deseeded if preferred) or 1 - 2 tsp chilli flakes
- 400g Tenderstem® broccoli - chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 cup Water
- Sweet chilli sauce/soy sauce/mango chutney to taste
Heat oil in a wok, add onions and cook for 4 mins until beginning to soften.
Add garlic and ginger and cook over medium heat for 1 to 2 mins more (Don't let the garlic burn).
Add the Tenderstem® broccoli and toss to combine, then splash in the water and cook until al dente.
Season, then add in whatever sauce goes with what you're eating it with - Mango chutney is particularly good!