Monkfish Skewers with Tenderstem® Dressed in Sesame Oil, Lime and Chilli
Serves: 4 | Preparation and cooking time: Under 10 mins
This quick and easy dish can be griddled or barbequed depending on the time of year. Try using chicken breasts instead of monkfish for a less-expensive alternative.
1. Preheat a griddle pan until really hot.
2. Toss 600g diced monkfish fillet in a bowl with a tablespoon of sesame oil, a pinch of dried chilli flakes and season with salt and black pepper. Thread onto 8 skewers and griddle for 5-6 minutes, turning to cook evenly.
3. Meanwhile, boil or steam the Tenderstem® for about 3 minutes until tender and drain well. Set aside.
4. Add 2 tablespoons sesame oil to the Tenderstem® pan with 2 crushed garlic cloves, a pinch of dried chilli flakes and the zest and juice of 1 lime.
5. Warm the dressing though and return the drained Tenderstem® to the pan, tossing to coat well. Serve with the monkfish skewers and buttered noodles.
600g monkfish, diced
3 tablespoons sesame oil
2 pinches dried chilli flakes
200g pack Tenderstem®
2 cloves garlic, crushed
Juice and zest of 1 lime